|Iron weed decorates the roadside|
in Northwest Oklahoma
Things we know, but take for granted, like:
8. Going to your neighbors’ and surprising them for coffee and it isn’t considered breaking in @return2rural
7. Open starry skies, flowers on dirt roads, fragrant fresh air, abundance of wildlife, commUNITY, escape… @dizzyraerae
6. Family-run restaurants that still serve REAL, fresh, home-cooked food. @ACSRC
Stop by and read the Top 10, then add your own ideas on Twitter, with the hashtag #ReasonsRuralRocks.
We started a Rural Advantages series in 2007:
- No ‘rush hour’; only ‘rush moment’
- Random encounters are good for business
- People are helpful
- No need for GPS Navigation
- A smaller, better network
- About the Author
- Latest by this Author
Becky started Small Biz Survival in 2006 to share rural business and community building stories and ideas with other small town business people. She and her husband have a small cattle ranch and are lifelong entrepreneurs. Becky is an international speaker on small business and rural topics.