You have to break out of your existing limit in some dimension in order to grow. One way to look at your business limits is through the Four P’s of Marketing.
(A little rusty? Get the refresher course at The Four P’s of Marketing.)
Now break them
- Draw four big circles on a piece of paper. Put one of the Four P’s in each circle, and leave some room to make some notes.
- Now describe your business inside each circle. Let’s start with, say, Place. Write down a word or two to describe how you currently target place. Is it your local area? A few towns? Have you defined towns of a certain size, or customers in cities of a certain size?
- How could you break out of that circle? Try to think of Place in a different way. Do you deliver? Do you work on-site? How much do you do online? Do this with each circle.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022