Customers walk in and feel like they are an interruption, an annoyance.
Here’s my question:
Is this your business? Are you sure?
You might be the offender, and not even realize it. Put in some extra effort today to make your customers feel welcomed and valued.
When a customer walks in the door, take a deep breath, and remind yourself of your average sale. Mentally say, “Thanks for the $50!” Smile and make them feel welcome.
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019