[Readers frequently ask me how to keep up with all the developments in technology and the online world. That’s why we’ve introduced a new feature: a weekly link roundup curated by Matt Mansfield. -Becky]
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here. These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!). Enjoy!
Should You Advertise on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter?
A good overview of the three platforms and with pros and cons of each.
How to Use Skype in Your Business
An overview of some of the ways you can use Skype.
5 Free Ways To Track Twitter Sentiment
How is your company perceived on Twitter? Use these tools to find out.
How We Hired a Web Developer
A good case study from the NYT.
My Favorite Tools
A great roundup of online solutions.
5 New Tactics For SEO Post-Panda
The changes at Google have hit many hard. Here are some approaches to take to recover.
10 New Twitter Tools to Boost your Productivity
More of the ever-growing list of Twitter tools.
How To Get Long Laster And Targeted Traffic From Twitter
Actionable tactics for making use of Twitter.
Stop Copying Everyone Else’s Business Model!
Insight on differentiating your business.
11 Great Technology Tools for Small Business
Another great roundup of online solutions.
[By the time you read this, Matt and I will have finally met in person at SOBCon in Chicago. Here’s to real life meetings! -Becky]
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019