|Nebraska Tourism uses the back of their envelopes to list key attractions.|
I got this catalog-size envelope from Nebraska Tourism. As you can see, the back is covered with driving tours, ideas for visits and popular attractions. Excellent use of an otherwise wasted space.
Let’s extend this idea for any destination.
Add a web address or URL for an info page on each of these categories. Putting that URL into a QR code would make it very easy for people to look up on their phone. (Need the QR Code basics? Read Steven Streight’s QR Code as Mobile Marketing Tool.)
Add some video to that web page, and mention that on the envelope. “Go to (URL) for a video of this tour.”
Add some color by using stamps or stickers. Here are some ideas for promoting with stamps and stickers that integrate with your high-tech promotions, too.
What would you add?
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020