|Nebraska Tourism uses the back of their envelopes to list key attractions.|
I got this catalog-size envelope from Nebraska Tourism. As you can see, the back is covered with driving tours, ideas for visits and popular attractions. Excellent use of an otherwise wasted space.
Let’s extend this idea for any destination.
Add a web address or URL for an info page on each of these categories. Putting that URL into a QR code would make it very easy for people to look up on their phone. (Need the QR Code basics? Read Steven Streight’s QR Code as Mobile Marketing Tool.)
Add some video to that web page, and mention that on the envelope. “Go to (URL) for a video of this tour.”
Add some color by using stamps or stickers. Here are some ideas for promoting with stamps and stickers that integrate with your high-tech promotions, too.
What would you add?
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021