I’ve known Matt Mansfield on Twitter for a long time. I’ve also known a lot of small business owners with technology problems. So I’m excited that Matt has created a place for small business owners to get technology answers, Matt About Solutions.
I’ve been inside and looked around, and I decided to do more than just encourage Matt; I decided to be an affiliate, too.
UPDATE: Matt has decided to close Matt About Solutions. It is no longer available.
It’s a place to get answers to complex tech questions.
- This is not tech support, i.e. “my email is broken!”
- It is more like technology support, i.e. “what email solution would work for my business?”
For example, I keep putting off a big technology upgrade in my liquor store. I know I want to go to a point of sale (POS) system, but it’s going to be a pain. I can’t ask a vendor, because I’m sure they’ll just tell me to use their system. I don’t want to do the amount of research it would take to sort out all the hardware, software and integration issues. I could start by asking Matt, and then go from there. (Please don’t jump in the comments offering me your POS solution. You’re missing the point, and I will delete those ads/comments.)
And that’s the problem we all have. We can ask a vendor, but that is guaranteed to get a biased answer. We can ask our nephew who is really great with computers, but what does he know about business? We can search (and search and search) online. I always find too many long lists of possible solutions and not enough actual comparisons. We could hire a consultant just for that issue, or maybe not.
Imagine taking any big technology decision for your small business, and getting some honest unbiased feedback from someone who knows technology well and knows small business. That’s what I see as the big benefit of Matt About Solutions. It’s that expert you can’t afford to keep on retainer just to ask questions. I’m really glad Matt made it affordable, $19.99 per month, or $149 for a full year.
Too many of us are letting technology problems get in the way of doing business. I know Matt will be covering accounting, project management, CRM (customer relationship management), collaboration tools and even marketing. Those are all huge issues that would take forever to research yourself, and maybe not end up with any better idea of what would work for you. That makes them perfect to turn to a technology expert for some help.
And he is taking questions. There is a big “Ask Matt” button on almost every page so you can get in there with your specific question.
There is a special discount, now through Friday, April 8, 2011 only.
- For monthly accounts, you can get $10 off your first month. Use the code speciallaunchprice when you sign up.
- For annual accounts, you can take $50 off your first year! Use the code speciallaunchpriceannual when you sign up.
So if you need someplace to go for smart advice on technology for your small business, consider Matt About Solutions.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022