Sheila and I are hosting an Open House at Tourism Currents this weekend (November 26 – 28, 2010).
|Sheila welcomes you!|
What is Tourism Currents? It is an online course on how to use social media tools for tourism projects. It’s all based around real life things you do every day in the tourism world.
Based on feedback from tourism pros, we’ve made it a weekly course. You can now finish all the lessons in six weeks, instead of six months.
To help you see how really amazing (that’s not modest, is it?) our course is, we’re giving you full access to all the paid membership materials. You’ll see all the lessons, video interviews, tons of examples specifically for tourism, and extras in the Resources section. It’s a great way to see if Tourism Currents is right for you. But only for three days. After that, the doors close again.
Join us Friday night for a fun conversation in the comment box, Open Mic Night. We borrowed the idea from Liz Strauss at Successful Blog. It’s just a fun, social, rambling chat and you participate by commenting on the post. Look for that over at Tourism Currents on Friday, Nov. 26, 2010, 7pm Central Time. Everyone is welcome, whether you work in tourism or not.
And as a final bonus, during the Open House, you can sign up for the online course for 20% off. We’ll post the code at Tourism Currents during the Open House.
So come see us. (I’ll even open the doors a bit early on Thanksgiving night. Don’t tell.)
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019