Did you ever want to be able to actually talk to someone “in the know” at the Internal Revenue Service? Well, here it is: a list of IRS phone numbers and web site links designed to give you the answers you need. It is quite an extensive list.
I only have one caveat: stay away from the dreaded (800) 829-1040. This is the general call number for the IRS and is staffed by those with only a general knowledge in tax matters. So, stick to the more directed numbers.
Glenna Mae is an Enrolled Agent, a specialist in income taxes.
- Four Things to Know about Taxes and Starting a Business - November 14, 2017
- You probably should be making estimated tax payments to the IRS - November 7, 2017
- 2015 Standard Mileage Rates from the IRS - December 23, 2014
- Deducting your home office – webinar Wednesday - September 8, 2014
- Webinars on hiring independent contractors and avoiding common tax mistakes - April 30, 2014
- IRS? There’s an app for that - February 12, 2014
- IRS Tax Calendar for Small Business and Self-Employed - December 31, 2013
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced - December 7, 2013
- Where can you find answers on the Affordable Care Act? The IRS - August 21, 2013
- Avoiding the Top Tax Mistakes - June 13, 2013