Two rural development resources worth exploring, both with business and entrepreneurship sections:
Rural Community Building blog
American Farm Bureau Federation put together this blog “to enhance the quality of life in rural communities so that future generations will want to stay on the farm.” Sabrina Matteson, AFBF director of rural affairs is the lead author. Entrepreneurship is clearly one of their top topics so far.
Rural Information Center
The USDA has pulled together a wide range of rural resources at the Rural Information Center (RIC). You know I got excited about the rural tourism section, but there is also a section on rural emergency responders, funding resources, and many more. The RIC also provides information and referral services, so you can ask a question if you need help finding an answer. Under the Community Development heading, you’ll find a whole page of business resources.
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022