Two rural development resources worth exploring, both with business and entrepreneurship sections:
Rural Community Building blog
American Farm Bureau Federation put together this blog “to enhance the quality of life in rural communities so that future generations will want to stay on the farm.” Sabrina Matteson, AFBF director of rural affairs is the lead author. Entrepreneurship is clearly one of their top topics so far.
Rural Information Center
The USDA has pulled together a wide range of rural resources at the Rural Information Center (RIC). You know I got excited about the rural tourism section, but there is also a section on rural emergency responders, funding resources, and many more. The RIC also provides information and referral services, so you can ask a question if you need help finding an answer. Under the Community Development heading, you’ll find a whole page of business resources.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022