Two rural development resources worth exploring, both with business and entrepreneurship sections:
Rural Community Building blog
American Farm Bureau Federation put together this blog “to enhance the quality of life in rural communities so that future generations will want to stay on the farm.” Sabrina Matteson, AFBF director of rural affairs is the lead author. Entrepreneurship is clearly one of their top topics so far.
Rural Information Center
The USDA has pulled together a wide range of rural resources at the Rural Information Center (RIC). You know I got excited about the rural tourism section, but there is also a section on rural emergency responders, funding resources, and many more. The RIC also provides information and referral services, so you can ask a question if you need help finding an answer. Under the Community Development heading, you’ll find a whole page of business resources.
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021