Here are four ways that I am using Twitter itself to attract interesting and interested people on Twitter.
1. Live tweet from events. Include the event hashtag. (If there isn’t one, make one.)
2. Participate in tweet chats. Find one that interests you on this list of Twitter Chats on Google Docs.
3. Create lists of like minded people. She who convenes the network, reaps the benefits.
4. Follow lists of people you find interesting. Look on Listorious to find more good ones.
I wrote this because my friend Julien Smith says Twitter is useless to build a following. (note for the delicate in the crowd: Julien uses bad language.) Just for the record, I agree with Julien’s main point: “getting RT’ed doesn’t build audience if it doesn’t go to your content.”
Now, I told you that story to tell you this one.
Here are four ways outside of Twitter to build your following.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022