Lots of local tourism groups and chambers of commerce send out excellent email blasts to their members. If you send an email newsletter, I’ll bet you routinely talk to people who didn’t know about it. It’s like the best kept secret.
Did you know you could be multiplying your reach with social tools?
You can use the same content to reach out in multiple ways, in multiple places. I realize you don’t have time to do more work. So, we’re going to do this the absolutely easiest way. Posterous. Add firstname.lastname@example.org as a subscriber to your email list. Then Posterous will automatically create a new post from each email you send out.
Posterous includes a wonderful Autopost feature that will then send the post to your regular blog, the post and photos to Facebook, the headline and link to Twitter, and the photos to Flickr. Yes, you do have to go in and set those up, but you only have to do it once. Then it works on automatic pilot.
So from your existing effort, you can multiply that to reach many more people. The Posterous site becomes a new public face for you. Every email is saved there. The search engines are able to crawl through that content, all those events, adding to your online presence. The autoposts to Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr put you in front of your residents and visitors where they spend the most time online. And the autopost to your regular blog means it’s all backed up on your own site.
Do this, and your email blast won’t be the best kept secret in town any more.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Going to give this a shot. Thanks for sharing, Becky!
Your website/blog is filled with great stuff. I like both posterous, and amplify.com. You can truly re-broadcast your original email with very little effort.
Becky McCray says
Lance, thanks for the link to Amplify.com. Looks like an interesting curation tool.