Lots of local tourism groups and chambers of commerce send out excellent email blasts to their members. If you send an email newsletter, I’ll bet you routinely talk to people who didn’t know about it. It’s like the best kept secret.
Did you know you could be multiplying your reach with social tools?
You can use the same content to reach out in multiple ways, in multiple places. I realize you don’t have time to do more work. So, we’re going to do this the absolutely easiest way. Posterous. Add email@example.com as a subscriber to your email list. Then Posterous will automatically create a new post from each email you send out.
Posterous includes a wonderful Autopost feature that will then send the post to your regular blog, the post and photos to Facebook, the headline and link to Twitter, and the photos to Flickr. Yes, you do have to go in and set those up, but you only have to do it once. Then it works on automatic pilot.
So from your existing effort, you can multiply that to reach many more people. The Posterous site becomes a new public face for you. Every email is saved there. The search engines are able to crawl through that content, all those events, adding to your online presence. The autoposts to Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr put you in front of your residents and visitors where they spend the most time online. And the autopost to your regular blog means it’s all backed up on your own site.
Do this, and your email blast won’t be the best kept secret in town any more.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022