I first met Ted Rubin at BlogWorld Expo in 2009, where he took time out for a video interview about starting small. He is super sharp, very engaging, and a pleasure to connect with. Now Ted is working with OpenSky, which he describes as “empowering small businesses to grow, thrive and find a new means of distribution.” I asked him to share the story of some real people taking advantage of OpenSky. -Becky
Meet Ashley Steves from Clarksville, Tennessee – mother of two and married to her high school sweetheart. She spends her days lovingly supporting her family with one hand, and creatively making charming necklaces, earrings, vintage wreaths, and other elegant keepsakes with the second hand (all under the same roof). She has made a few sales from her “Our Daily Chocolate” store on Etsy, but has yet to see the distribution or return that her beautiful products deserve.
Enter OpenSky. OpenSky is a new platform that empowers content creators like bloggers, media personalities and trusted experts to sell products they love directly to their audiences, and connects product creators with influential tastemakers to get their products broad distribution (you’re welcome, Ashley).
So, who are these influential tastemakers we speak of?
Meet Sarah Mae Hoover from “Lancaster, Pennsylvania”- a dedicated wife and mother of three. Sarah Mae founded LikeaWarmCupofCoffee.com – an inspiring soul searching blog that sees over 20,000 visits a month.
Sarah Mae is an OpenSky Seller, hosting products that help her feel beautiful in life’s journey.
In April, OpenSky introduced Sarah Mae to Ashley, and Ashley to Sarah Mae (we’re more reliable than cupid). The two jumped at the opportunity to combine their individual passions and make money off what they already love and do daily. The following week, Sarah Mae posted a video on her blog, introducing her readers to Ashley’s handmade Rose Bud Earrings, offering them in her store at 20% off, and committing a portion of the sale to charity. The earrings sold like hotcakes, and it didn’t take long for Sarah Mae to reach her goal of selling 150 pairs! One week later, Ashley had her happy hands full with earring orders, and Sarah Mae was that much closer to purchasing her much-needed newly used car!
OpenSky is changing the way the world shops- bringing back human interaction, and leaving behind machine transaction. We’re about connecting trusted products with trusted voices, capturing passion and giving real product innovators, the real distribution they deserve.
Thanks, Ted, for telling us about the human side of OpenSky.
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022