Encouraging and supporting entrepreneurs is a hot topic in economic development, and I’d like to start a series on it here at Small Biz Survival.
Most of you are involved either in a small business, or in economic development in one form or another, so I’d like to start with you. Do you have an opinion or a story to share? Here’s the kind of thing I’m looking for:
- From towns, cities and other local governments: Specific actions you’ve taken to encourage entrepreneurship,
- From organizations: Programs you’ve carried out, including training, workshops, events, etc., to support entrepreneurship.
- From entrepreneurs: What helped you start your business? Or what could have been done to make things easier for you? Did your town make you feel wanted?
Be sure to tell us about the results you’ve had. Success and failure stories are both welcome, since we can learn from both.
You can comment here, email me, Tweet me, Facebook me… what ever works for you. I want to hear your stories!
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022