Two quick updates from Tourism Currents:
- We’re getting close to reopening the courses to a new round of students. If you want to know more about how to use social media to draw more visitors to your town, you would probably love Tourism Currents courses. Want to be one of the first to know when we reopen? Sign up for our Early Bird List.
- In cooperation with BlogWorld Expo, we’ll be presenting a live training event for tourism professionals, CVB’s (Convention and Visitors Bureaus), Convention Center promoters, etc. The bonus? It’s part of BlogWorld, giving you the chance to connect with bloggers, podcasters, and other online content creators. These are the people who can help spread the word about your destination online. We’re planning networking meetings, tweetups, and possibly speed dating to help destination marketers network with the people who can provide them with online coverage. This is still in the early stages, so I’ll let you know as we get it worked out.
That’s all the latest. I knew you’d want to know. Thanks for listening!
PS – How do you like the new signpost graphics that Kim Fenolio made for us? She makes us look good!
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021