Joshua Neckes sent me some information on an interesting contest from Cortera, www.cortera.com. (Coretera calls itself a community-driven credit/business information provider that allows smaller businesses to check on the payment history of vendors and clients. Seems reasonable.)
The contest is called “The Comeback 2010”, www.thecomeback2010.com, and is encouraging small business owners to submit inspiring stories for a chance to win $3500 – with total prizes over $8000.
- The Comeback: Tell us an inspiring story about a time when you went “all-in” for your business against big odds – perhaps a tough economy, or a fierce competitor.
- Cough It Up: Ever had trouble getting reimbursed by a business partner/vendor? We want to hear the story of how you got paid, and recovered the money you needed to grow your business.
- Hanging Out the Shingle: Tell us the story of when you broke from the pack, and started living your small business dream.
- Hometown Success: Share the story of how your company is making a real difference in your local community this year.
Guess which category caught my attention?
The small business can tell their own story, or anyone can nominate a favorite local business. Our friend Denise O’Berry is one of the judges.
The contest runs through June 15, 2010.
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022