Joshua Neckes sent me some information on an interesting contest from Cortera, www.cortera.com. (Coretera calls itself a community-driven credit/business information provider that allows smaller businesses to check on the payment history of vendors and clients. Seems reasonable.)
The contest is called “The Comeback 2010”, www.thecomeback2010.com, and is encouraging small business owners to submit inspiring stories for a chance to win $3500 – with total prizes over $8000.
- The Comeback: Tell us an inspiring story about a time when you went “all-in” for your business against big odds – perhaps a tough economy, or a fierce competitor.
- Cough It Up: Ever had trouble getting reimbursed by a business partner/vendor? We want to hear the story of how you got paid, and recovered the money you needed to grow your business.
- Hanging Out the Shingle: Tell us the story of when you broke from the pack, and started living your small business dream.
- Hometown Success: Share the story of how your company is making a real difference in your local community this year.
Guess which category caught my attention?
The small business can tell their own story, or anyone can nominate a favorite local business. Our friend Denise O’Berry is one of the judges.
The contest runs through June 15, 2010.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019