A local merchant had a radio ad where at the end… they mentioned their local competition and asked us to keep $$ local. Very cool.
@codyks on Twitter
Now that is a commitment to shop local. Also particularly good for small towns.
If you’re promoting shop local in your town, take a look at our guide for small town shop local campaigns.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
Tom Hood says
Very cool – in Maryland, CPAs are working on an exciting ‘buy local’ campaign called Love Local Maryland. This is an important focus needed to help drive the small business engine in the US.
Becky McCray says
Tom, that sounds like an excellent project!