The second of the two part series on “Entrepreneurship and Rural Communities” is scheduled for May 13, 2010 at 2 p.m. EDT; 1 p.m. CDT; 12 noon MDT; 11 a.m. PDT.
The May webinar will focus on two innovative programs in Missouri that are focused on place-based economic development. The projects have taken very different approaches. One has taken a broad based community economic development and youth entrepreneurship focus while the other emphasizes local foods and tourism. Presenters will discuss the challenges they faced, how they built their teams, developed their plans and the successes that they’ve had. These are two very dynamic projects that have gotten national attention for their unique strategies and community engagement styles.
If you missed the April session which featured two programs, Energizing Entrepreneurs and Developing Entrepreneur Ready Communities you can find the presentation materials and the recording at the eXtension Entrepreneurs and Their Communities site.
eXtension Entrepreneur and Their Communities webinars are on the 2nd Thursday of every month. All of our webinars are recorded and available for on-demand viewing but nothing beats the live presentation so mark your calendars and spend an hour a month learning with us! Please feel free to join us on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 2 p.m. EDT; 1 p.m. CDT; 12 noon MDT; 11 a.m. PDT.
All webinars are one hour long. Free and open to everyone, this session is part of a monthly series. The Web meeting room opens 10 minutes before the start time. Go to connect.extension.iastate.edu/
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021