The second of the two part series on “Entrepreneurship and Rural Communities” is scheduled for May 13, 2010 at 2 p.m. EDT; 1 p.m. CDT; 12 noon MDT; 11 a.m. PDT.
The May webinar will focus on two innovative programs in Missouri that are focused on place-based economic development. The projects have taken very different approaches. One has taken a broad based community economic development and youth entrepreneurship focus while the other emphasizes local foods and tourism. Presenters will discuss the challenges they faced, how they built their teams, developed their plans and the successes that they’ve had. These are two very dynamic projects that have gotten national attention for their unique strategies and community engagement styles.
If you missed the April session which featured two programs, Energizing Entrepreneurs and Developing Entrepreneur Ready Communities you can find the presentation materials and the recording at the eXtension Entrepreneurs and Their Communities site.
eXtension Entrepreneur and Their Communities webinars are on the 2nd Thursday of every month. All of our webinars are recorded and available for on-demand viewing but nothing beats the live presentation so mark your calendars and spend an hour a month learning with us! Please feel free to join us on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 2 p.m. EDT; 1 p.m. CDT; 12 noon MDT; 11 a.m. PDT.
All webinars are one hour long. Free and open to everyone, this session is part of a monthly series. The Web meeting room opens 10 minutes before the start time. Go to connect.extension.iastate.edu/
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022