I’m excited about the Small Business Social Media Summit in Hutchinson, KS, June 4-6, 2010.
I hope you’ll come to hear local business owners who are utilizing social media every day, meet your peers and begin to build a peer network, and leave with a social media plan for your business.
First, meet Deb Brown, the powerhouse who dreamed up this event. She *gets* rural small business:
Real people, real businesses
Next, let’s talk about what social media can do for real people, with real small businesses. Here are four real examples:
- Kelsey, 24 year old small business owner at Orange Possum, is active on Facebook. Debworks found a promotion at www.lovealocalbusiness.com on Twitter and recommended Kelsey. Her friends, family and customers voted for her company. She won a $5,000 grant.
- Judy Wrolson, small business owner of Cornerstone Cottage, works with Debworks to build and strengthen her social media presence. Her Facebook only promotions are a big hit in the community – and even bigger hit in her cash register. She’s now branching out and sharing her expertise on her blog.
- Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce created a Monday morning e-Newsletter that goes out to over 200 chamber members. Chamber members submit news, there’s a As Seen On Facebook section, ads are bought by members, and Chamber events are shared – both before and after the event. What’s the biggest hit of the newsletter? The pictures taken at events and the As Seen On Facebook section.
- The Old Stone House Organization, a non-profit in Franklin County, Iowa uses a blog to share news, pictures and videos. They raised over $80,000 to help restore the Old Stone House. The blog gives their out of town supporters a place to see what’s going on and feel like they are a part of the community.
These are just a few of the stories that emphasize the power of Social Media. Join us the first weekend in June, and learn how your company can create a social media plan. This will be the best conference you’ll ever attend. Registrations are still open, and I recommend you register today.
Real presenters, real business owners
Now, let’s meet a couple of the presenters, the Bigg Success team, George Krueger and MaryLynn Foster:
And, finally, yes, I did a video, too:
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020