Small Biz Social Media Summit 2010 is a live, rub elbows, shake hands and sit down across a table from other small business owners event in Hutchinson, Kansas, on June 5 and 6, 2010.
Our friend Deb Brown, with help from our friend Grant Griffiths, put together some of the most respected social media, internet based marketers and small business peers to share their proven strategies. I’m one of them. We are all going to give you real life, no hype and the nitty-gritty details you need to know how to take advantage of the benefits social media has to offer any small business.
This summit is designed specifically for small businesses to identify social media avenues (like Facebook, twitter, blogging), how to use them and walk away with a plan for their business. See, Deb noticed another social media summit in her area. She didn’t like that it ignored small business, so she decided to fix that by putting together a better event, this event.
Hutchinson, Kansas, was chosen not only for its easy to get to location, but also for its early adoption of social media by their local businesses. If you are in driving distance, you’ll want to be there.
Friday, June 4, there will be a reception at the Cosmosphere and Space Center, featuring several people who will share what they are doing with social media and answer your questions. Saturday and Sunday will be at Hutch Hall in downtown Hutchinson.
Speakers include Becky McCray author of Shop Local Campaigns for Small Towns, Jay Ehret host and producer of Power to the Small Business podcast, Kim Dushinski author of The Mobile Marketing Handbook, Deb Brown, networked communicator at www.debworks.com, George Krueger and Mary-Lynn Foster co-hosts of the show The Bigg Success Show, Cody Heitschmidt from LogicMaze, Grant Griffiths publisher of Blog for Profit, and Justin Levy, general manager of New Marketing Labs.
Notice something about that speaker list? They are all small business people, and they are experts in social media. Let’s see. There are a couple of marketing firms, a liquor store, an Argentinian steak house, a website firm, a network marketer, at least one farmer, and much more represented there. Real small business people.
There are now 1.2 million rural small businesses. It is estimated by 2015 one in three people will be self employed. This Small Business Social Media Summit is designed specifically for the rural small business. Attend and set up peer mentors in your arena, meet others in your industry utilizing social media, hear what works and what doesn’t.
Find more information online at www.smallbizsocialmediasummit.com
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022