Erratic or limited hours are a frequent complaint about small town businesses. But how can you convince small business owners to expand their hours?
My friend Charles French sent me this very neat tool: “while you were out” notes for businesses. Here’s how it works. Customers use them to let businesses know when and how often they would likely drop in, if only the businesses were open then.
I can see a really brave local chamber of commerce handing these out. Or a smart downtown business district. You have to be brave, because some businesses won’t want to hear from customers!
Thanks to Visualingual for the idea, and the photo I have borrowed here. You can also find a ready-to-use PDF of the cards at Visualingual’s post, “While You Were Out.”
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022