I have some invitations for the Google Voice and Google Wave services. I’d like to give them to you, small town business folks. UPDATE: The invitations have all been awarded.
To me, Google Wave is mostly a collaboration tool. It’s kind of like email, and kind of like a chat, and kind of like a shared document. Well, that explanation fell flat. You might want to read the About Google Wave page.
The Wave invitations are not immediate. Once I submit your email address, Google will add you to the next batch they are releasing, so it may take some time to receive.
I have 25 of these invites.
Google Voice is a service for managing phone calls. It will transcribe your voice mails, and text them to you. It gives you control of who calls you and where (your cell, home, or work, or your sister’s place). If your local phone service is knocked out, you can re-direct your Google Voice number to ring a new place.You can read more at the Google Voice page.
I have three invitations to share. If you’re interested, email me – These invitations have all been awarded.
And, to make this interesting, include a sentence or two of introduction. I’ll post some of the best introductions, to share with everyone.
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020