As more rural people join social networks, small town business people are looking to build in person networks with their fellow social media users.
Chris Cornell shared his story in the Brag Basket:
I own and operate a small business (custom picture framing) in the Village of Pleasantville, NY. I’ve been attempting to build community through the use of social media for the past eight months. One of the tools I’ve used is my website http://TwitterProfessor.com, which has featured articles about individuals and organizations in the local community using Twitter and other forms of social media to communicate their message. Through TwitterProfessor, I’ve been able to build a network which has led to the formation of a social media group called Westchester140 (we’re on Facebook). This group organized the highly successful 1st and 2nd Westchester TweetUps (both were booked to capacity), and is now in the process of putting together the 3rd Westchester TweetUp (150 people are expected, and there will be a moderated panel of social media speakers).
The reason I am posting this (in addition to bragging) is to reach out to others who might be interested in discussing ways local groups can build community and promote businesses. If you are working on similar projects, and would like to exchange ideas, please feel free to contact me.
How are you reaching out to other social media folks in your small town? How are you building community?
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022