A quick update on small business resources online.
First, the US Small Business Administration has updated their annual Small Business FAQ (PDF). It’s packed full of statistics on US small business. For example, here’s the latest on small business survival rates:
Seven out of ten new employer firms last at least two years, and about half survive five years.
Second, Bizmore is a new site from former CNET executive Alice Hill and former Business 2.0 editor and B-Net head Jeff Davis. It looks to be more than the usual “articles and community” site. There’s a strong emphasis on Q and As, and an interesting Roundtables section. Take a look.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019