Our friend Chris Brogan introduced us to Workshifting.com. Their tagline is “anywhere is my office.” I want to take that a step further. Don’t just work where ever you want, live where ever you want!
So I offered Chris and Justin Levy a guest post on the small town perspective on workshifting. (Don’t tell anyone, but I think both Chris and Justin actually live in small towns.) I talked about what you need to know before you relocate, ways to cope with internet outages, and other issues we deal with all the time in small towns.
They were kind enough to accept, and you’ll find it here: Workshifting from a small town.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019