Want to start a blog for your small business, but not sure what to write about? The best posts are like personal notes to your customer. Here’s a starter list of topics to get you going.
- How our business was founded
- Just yesterday, a customer asked…
- Meet one of our employees
- Meet one of our customers
- One thing we are doing to support the community
- Here are some great tips from our customers
- Meet one of our home-town suppliers
- What would you do if you ran the place?
- More about our town, and why we’re here
- Here’s a cool upcoming local event
- One secret that could help you
- A customer sent us this photo
- I read something I thought you could use
- Some trends I see coming at us
- What I learned at an industry event that you could use
- One thing I’m really proud of
- A cause we support
- A few websites that might help you
Secret #1: You can do these as written text, or record them in audio or video. Your customers would love it if you’d do a mix of all three.
Secret #2: These are perpetual topics that you can do over and over. This list never expires.
Do these sound too small-business-y for your bigger company? Take a look at this list from Chris Brogan: 50 Blog Topics Marketers Could Write For Their Company for some topics that are more useful for medium sized businesses.
What would you add to your list of perpetual topics?
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021