Want to start a blog for your small business, but not sure what to write about? The best posts are like personal notes to your customer. Here’s a starter list of topics to get you going.
- How our business was founded
- Just yesterday, a customer asked…
- Meet one of our employees
- Meet one of our customers
- One thing we are doing to support the community
- Here are some great tips from our customers
- Meet one of our home-town suppliers
- What would you do if you ran the place?
- More about our town, and why we’re here
- Here’s a cool upcoming local event
- One secret that could help you
- A customer sent us this photo
- I read something I thought you could use
- Some trends I see coming at us
- What I learned at an industry event that you could use
- One thing I’m really proud of
- A cause we support
- A few websites that might help you
Secret #1: You can do these as written text, or record them in audio or video. Your customers would love it if you’d do a mix of all three.
Secret #2: These are perpetual topics that you can do over and over. This list never expires.
Do these sound too small-business-y for your bigger company? Take a look at this list from Chris Brogan: 50 Blog Topics Marketers Could Write For Their Company for some topics that are more useful for medium sized businesses.
What would you add to your list of perpetual topics?
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020