Want to start a blog for your small business, but not sure what to write about? The best posts are like personal notes to your customer. Here’s a starter list of topics to get you going.
- How our business was founded
- Just yesterday, a customer asked…
- Meet one of our employees
- Meet one of our customers
- One thing we are doing to support the community
- Here are some great tips from our customers
- Meet one of our home-town suppliers
- What would you do if you ran the place?
- More about our town, and why we’re here
- Here’s a cool upcoming local event
- One secret that could help you
- A customer sent us this photo
- I read something I thought you could use
- Some trends I see coming at us
- What I learned at an industry event that you could use
- One thing I’m really proud of
- A cause we support
- A few websites that might help you
Secret #1: You can do these as written text, or record them in audio or video. Your customers would love it if you’d do a mix of all three.
Secret #2: These are perpetual topics that you can do over and over. This list never expires.
Do these sound too small-business-y for your bigger company? Take a look at this list from Chris Brogan: 50 Blog Topics Marketers Could Write For Their Company for some topics that are more useful for medium sized businesses.
What would you add to your list of perpetual topics?
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020