Our friend Ben Yoskovitz has written a terrific guide to getting started with blogging. It’s targeted to corporate human resources departments, but you can use it, too. The ideas for how to get started, work with contributors, stay motivated, and build an audience are all equally applicable to small businesses.
Ben invited me to contribute, and I gave him a short tip on crisis communications and blogs.
There is no charge for the whole 30 pages, but you do have to register. It’s available for download at Instigator Blog.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019