When I saw what an exciting thing the Third Thursday downtown in Hutchinson, Kansas, was, I grabbed my cell phone, and Jim Seitnater, the Downtown Development Director for Hutchinson, and did a quick interview.
I admit, the quality of my cell phone video is awful, but the content is terrific, so there is a summary below the video.
Summary of Jim’s comments:
Third Thursday is a great evening of art, music, food, fun, shopping. It’s a time when the community comes out, and sees some of the new improvements and some of the new businesses and people downtown.
It’s the brain child of last year’s art walk that was going to be just once a year. One of Hutchinson’s new residents, a local artist named Jennifer Randall, said we can’t just do it once a year. She was committed to make it work, month in and month out. She saw the possibility of it being a great evening. People get a chance to show off their businesses. People can come down have some fun and enjoy Downtown Hutchinson.
Caught on the #Hutch blogger tour.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022