Collect great ideas everywhere you go. At SXSW, Jim Storer told me about a restaurant that does a Hotter Than Hell Night.
It’s the East Coast Grill in Cambridge, MA. They do a whole menu of torturous treats, from cocktails through entrees. Read through their creative names, recipes and descriptions. They do offer a bit of “food for wimps” and even an antidote, for a small wimp charge. (See page 2 of the menu.)
The whole night is eagerly awaited. Crowds form. People drive for miles and miles to get there. Servers dress up in firefighter gear. The whole staff gets into it. It is an experience.
That’s what you want to build with your business: experiences.What great ideas have you collected lately?
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020