Collect great ideas everywhere you go. At SXSW, Jim Storer told me about a restaurant that does a Hotter Than Hell Night.
It’s the East Coast Grill in Cambridge, MA. They do a whole menu of torturous treats, from cocktails through entrees. Read through their creative names, recipes and descriptions. They do offer a bit of “food for wimps” and even an antidote, for a small wimp charge. (See page 2 of the menu.)
The whole night is eagerly awaited. Crowds form. People drive for miles and miles to get there. Servers dress up in firefighter gear. The whole staff gets into it. It is an experience.
That’s what you want to build with your business: experiences.What great ideas have you collected lately?
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019