Ready to spread the word about your town or tourism attraction? Maybe you want to run a “fam” or familiarization tour. That’s what Hutchinson, Kansas, is doing today.
The usual fam tour targets travel agents, tourism consultants, tour operators, or others who can send direct customers to your town. But Hutch is targeting bloggers.We may not book any tours, but we sure talk, a lot. They aren’t the first town to try it, but they may be one of the smaller towns to pull it off successfully.
Cody Heitschmidt was one of the instigators of the idea, then helped recruit the group of bloggers. You can read a bit more about who’s here, and what’s on our agenda at “Bloggers Invade Hutchinson.”
Any small town tourism business could spearhead a similar event for their own area. You could band together with other towns to generate a truly memorable couple of days for some influential online leaders.
My travel reports will be posted at Out Standing in My Field . So far, it is way, way, way cool.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019