We started the discussion of How NOT to use Twitter for tourism businesses. Now let’s discuss how TO use Twitter for tourism businesses. I’d love to hear your advice and experience, to these questions raised by a new visitor in the comments:
So pleased I found this helpful blog post. I’m a tourism consultant and just opened an apartment on the coast in Wales but I’m new to Twitter. Really useful comments above especially from Ken Yeung, thank you so much. 2 question though:
1) is it ethical to search and ‘intercept’ people looking for holidays in my part of the world and then @ them with details of my place?
2) should I have 2 twitter accounts, one for my consutlancy stuff, the other for the accoommodation?
As I say, I’m learning, want to get it right so any advice gratefully received. Great community this!
Andrew Lloyd Hughes
What do you think? What experience can you share?
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020