Dial2Do is my new favorite tool to get things done on the go.
Let’s start with basics. You can call in, Dial2Do records your message, and you can have it email or text that message to one of your contacts.
You can also specify Reminder, and the service will transcribe what you say and email you a reminder. This replaces how I used to use Jott. Even if I never explore another bit of it, this reminder service is a “killer app” for me.
For more business uses, set up your calendar. You can add appointments and hear existing ones. It will even read your email to you, as well as sending out new emails. Post business expenses to Xpenser by calling them in. It also works with Remember the Milk, 30 Boxes, Toodledo, and Vitalist.
Now let’s look at the more creative things you can do with it. Are you a big fan of Evernote to track information? Dial2Do will transcribe your voice note and email it into your Evernote account.
Need a word translated? Add the Translate service, call in and it will figure out the word you said, look up the translation, and then text or email it back to you. It works with 12 languages.
What’s the weather going to do? Set up your ZIP code online, and it will read you the forecast when you call in. (You could even change the ZIP when you travel.) By the way, Dial2Do has local phone numbers in over 20 countries.
We aren’t finshed. Hook up your Twitter, FriendFeed, your blog, and many more. Listen to feeds from a dozen or so different blogs. Add the RSS feed for any other blog you want it to read to you. Or easily set up a command to email or post to a URL to work with a whole bunch of other services.
OK, now we’re finished.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022