Today, the number one best thing you can do for your business is to spend time focusing on improving your business.
- You can read advice from innumerable business experts, including those in your own field, without leaving your computer.
- You can connect personally with mentors, consultants, and many other types of support online.
- You can get resource articles, guides, and ebooks on any small business issue.
What’s keeping you from using these tools to improve your business? Time, focus, attention. All scarce resources.
What is the solution? Dedicate a set time each week, 1 hour minimum. Make it an absolute commitment. Spend that time finding, reading, learning, and implementing.
At first, you assignment is:
- Figure out what areas need improvement.
- Set goals.
- Decide how you can measure progress.
- Find people who can help.
Once you are going, and have made the habit, focus on:
- Review your performance for the past week. How did you do? What can you improve? How are you progressing toward goals? Check your measurements.
- Learn about one of your improvement areas. Read blogs, read ebooks; read, read, read!
- Check in with one of your mentors.
Do this every Friday. Start tomorrow. And if you happen to have something good to share, drop it in the Brag Basket.
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022