Today, the number one best thing you can do for your business is to spend time focusing on improving your business.
- You can read advice from innumerable business experts, including those in your own field, without leaving your computer.
- You can connect personally with mentors, consultants, and many other types of support online.
- You can get resource articles, guides, and ebooks on any small business issue.
What’s keeping you from using these tools to improve your business? Time, focus, attention. All scarce resources.
What is the solution? Dedicate a set time each week, 1 hour minimum. Make it an absolute commitment. Spend that time finding, reading, learning, and implementing.
At first, you assignment is:
- Figure out what areas need improvement.
- Set goals.
- Decide how you can measure progress.
- Find people who can help.
Once you are going, and have made the habit, focus on:
- Review your performance for the past week. How did you do? What can you improve? How are you progressing toward goals? Check your measurements.
- Learn about one of your improvement areas. Read blogs, read ebooks; read, read, read!
- Check in with one of your mentors.
Do this every Friday. Start tomorrow. And if you happen to have something good to share, drop it in the Brag Basket.
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020