You’re got to have a 9 a.m. appointment every day that you work from home.
Without one, it’s too easy to let yourself start slowly. Or to get started on the wrong things in the morning. Sometimes you just don’t feel like moving. That’s why you need a 9 a.m. appointment. Make one every day.
The best 9 a.m.’s are outside the house, face to face with a client, because that means you have to get up, get ready, be professional, and focused on business by 9 a.m.
Now with technology, you may not be that close to your clients. The assignment of a 9 a.m. business appointment still stands, but you have to be creative. Set a 9 a.m. phone meeting. Have an appointment with a sub-contractor, supplier, or advisor. Commit to your co-working partners to check-in at 9 a.m. I know one successful small town entrepreneur who gets up, gets dressed professionally, and goes to the post office every morning at 9.
I first heard this advice from super successful entrepreneur Gloria Mayfield Banks.
What is your 9 a.m. appointment?
[Photo by me.]
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021