You’re got to have a 9 a.m. appointment every day that you work from home.
Without one, it’s too easy to let yourself start slowly. Or to get started on the wrong things in the morning. Sometimes you just don’t feel like moving. That’s why you need a 9 a.m. appointment. Make one every day.
The best 9 a.m.’s are outside the house, face to face with a client, because that means you have to get up, get ready, be professional, and focused on business by 9 a.m.
Now with technology, you may not be that close to your clients. The assignment of a 9 a.m. business appointment still stands, but you have to be creative. Set a 9 a.m. phone meeting. Have an appointment with a sub-contractor, supplier, or advisor. Commit to your co-working partners to check-in at 9 a.m. I know one successful small town entrepreneur who gets up, gets dressed professionally, and goes to the post office every morning at 9.
I first heard this advice from super successful entrepreneur Gloria Mayfield Banks.
What is your 9 a.m. appointment?
[Photo by me.]
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
Teacher Cheryl says
this is so true! its so easy to just stay in bed and start working around lunch time