Once a month, Alex Bellinger allows me to post a Small Business Letter from America at the SmallBizPodUK. It’s a pretty tall order for this small town gal to seem to speak for the whole of American small business.
This month, I didn’t think I could avoid the topic of the economy. If you’ve read The financial crisis in small towns and Hard times lessons from my Dust Bowl grandmother, then you won’t be surprised too much by what I had to say. I did try to include a bit more perspective from across the country, so it turned out to be about A shattered economy.
Two questions for you:
1. What would you say to the UK readers if you wrote the Small Business Letter from America?
I’d love your feedback and ideas.
2. For those outside the USA, what would you write for the Small Business Letter from your country?
I think it would be interesting and useful to share some international insights here on a regular basis. (Bonus points if you are from a small town outside the USA!)
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021