If you are looking for a shortcut to some of the best writing on a subject, almost any subject, look at Alltop. It brings together the headlines from selected writers by subject, all on one page.
Here are just some of the (more or less) business related subjects under the letter S:
- Sales – Everything you need to make your annual quota in the first quarter…during a recession.
- Science – Complete coverage on the subject of science without the homework.
- Screenwriting – News, tips, and resources about screenwriting.
- SEO – Tips, advice and strategies about search engine optimization.
- SharePoint – All the news, tips and advice about Microsoft’s SharePoint.
- Shopping – Product reviews, advice and suggestions before going to the mall.
- Small Busines – News, tips, trends and advice about small businesses.
- Social Entrepreneurship – News and opinion about Social Entrepreneurship.
- Social Media – Complete coverage of social media.
- Space – We’ve got it occupied.
- Speaking – All the sites and blogs that you need to follow to get a standing ovation every time.
- Startups – All the news and information that entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs need.
On each topic page, if you put your mouse pointer over a story headline, a summary of the story pops up. So you can get a quick overview of a subject, find sources for research, learn something new, or just find new blogs to populate your reader.
In fact, our friend Sheila Scarborough recommends Alltop as an easy way to introduce someone to the online world, without worrying about explaining blogs and feeds and RSS and readers.
By the way, we’re featured on Alltop, under small business.
Oh, and, I’m thinking about what would go on a rural page at Alltop. So add your suggestions over at Out Standing in My Field.
- About the Author
- Latest by this Author
Becky started Small Biz Survival in 2006 to share rural business and community building stories and ideas with other small town business people. She and her husband have a small cattle ranch and are lifelong entrepreneurs. Becky is an international speaker on small business and rural topics.