If you are looking for a shortcut to some of the best writing on a subject, almost any subject, look at Alltop. It brings together the headlines from selected writers by subject, all on one page.
Here are just some of the (more or less) business related subjects under the letter S:
- Sales – Everything you need to make your annual quota in the first quarter…during a recession.
- Science – Complete coverage on the subject of science without the homework.
- Screenwriting – News, tips, and resources about screenwriting.
- SEO – Tips, advice and strategies about search engine optimization.
- SharePoint – All the news, tips and advice about Microsoft’s SharePoint.
- Shopping – Product reviews, advice and suggestions before going to the mall.
- Small Busines – News, tips, trends and advice about small businesses.
- Social Entrepreneurship – News and opinion about Social Entrepreneurship.
- Social Media – Complete coverage of social media.
- Space – We’ve got it occupied.
- Speaking – All the sites and blogs that you need to follow to get a standing ovation every time.
- Startups – All the news and information that entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs need.
On each topic page, if you put your mouse pointer over a story headline, a summary of the story pops up. So you can get a quick overview of a subject, find sources for research, learn something new, or just find new blogs to populate your reader.
In fact, our friend Sheila Scarborough recommends Alltop as an easy way to introduce someone to the online world, without worrying about explaining blogs and feeds and RSS and readers.
By the way, we’re featured on Alltop, under small business.
Oh, and, I’m thinking about what would go on a rural page at Alltop. So add your suggestions over at Out Standing in My Field.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019