My plan to redefine failure has a new partner: fellow Oklahoman D. Scott Cooksey, author of Powerful People Overcome Powerful Failures, Your Daily Guide to Becoming Powerfully Successful.
Cooksey isn’t shy about owning up to his own failures. We had a great conversation about responding to failure. He gets it. That’s why he wrote such a great book. It’s a daily workbook. Here’s the entry for September 15:
My father was not a failure. After all, he was the father of a President of the United States.
-Harry S. Truman
Oftentimes you do not know the impact of life decisions until much later. Who made the choice to touch your life in a way that allowed that person to celebrate in your success, thus celebrating the individual’s own impact on you?
Then there is room for you to record some thoughts, which you’d better do, because it’s followed with a space for a six month follow up. That is a such a smart approach because changing attitudes toward failure is a long term project.
Cooksey is on Twitter, too, @dscooksey.
Since we’re neighbors, I’m looking forward to lots of future projects together.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Thanks, Becky! Tell you what…I’ll even send a FREE COPY of my book (retail $14.95) to the first person who emails me and mentions your site!
Becky McCray says
Cool! I can hardly wait to hear who is first.