Let me share some of the lead conclusions about social media in companies:
- Social media technologies have the potential to transform the way companies build and manage relationships with their customers.
- Apathy, fear and uncertainty – more than costs – are preventing companies from formally adopting social media technologies.
- Social media technologies are invading the workplace undetected. Companies know this, but most have no formal plan to manage them.
Companies that understand the impact of these trends can improve their competitive position in the market. Those that do not adapt to rapid changes or move fast enough to respond to those changes will lose customers and fall behind in the market.
While all of this is being written about and for large companies, I’m telling you that it is also true of small town small businesses.
“Apathy, fear and uncertainty – more than costs” are holding back small businesses from utilizing social media, too.
Zane Safrit laid out a good case for using social media in small business. We’re sitting on an advantage, folks. But what are we doing with it? By and large, nothing. Very few small biz folks have done anything with social media.
Are you holding an answer?
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021