Let me share some of the lead conclusions about social media in companies:
- Social media technologies have the potential to transform the way companies build and manage relationships with their customers.
- Apathy, fear and uncertainty – more than costs – are preventing companies from formally adopting social media technologies.
- Social media technologies are invading the workplace undetected. Companies know this, but most have no formal plan to manage them.
Companies that understand the impact of these trends can improve their competitive position in the market. Those that do not adapt to rapid changes or move fast enough to respond to those changes will lose customers and fall behind in the market.
While all of this is being written about and for large companies, I’m telling you that it is also true of small town small businesses.
“Apathy, fear and uncertainty – more than costs” are holding back small businesses from utilizing social media, too.
Zane Safrit laid out a good case for using social media in small business. We’re sitting on an advantage, folks. But what are we doing with it? By and large, nothing. Very few small biz folks have done anything with social media.
Are you holding an answer?
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022