Guest Post by Steve Schaffer, Triporia
The internet has given small businesses a platform to gain exposure to millions of prospective customers from around the world. Video is a very effective way to gain the attention of these users. Many small businesses do not have the budget to produce a professional video – this is where home video marketing comes in. What is home video marketing? It’s the simple use of your home video camera to film and produce a promotional video for your business. Home video marketing for small business is an effective, inexpensive option for any advertising budget.
There are many advantages to using home video marketing. Here are a few:
- It is an easy, low cost way to give prospective customers a glimpse into your business.
- Recent research into video advertising shows that viewers feel that they are seeing a truer representation of the business in question when they view a home video as opposed to a professionally made video.
- You have full control over what you want prospective customers to see.
- You can shoot and produce the video and have it on the internet in less than a day.
Guided video tours of a business are a very popular format for home video marketing. Other ideas for home video marketing include the following:
- A video of customers enjoying themselves at your business
- Comments and video testimonials from previous guests
- Footage that shows off your signature dish, room or attraction.
Have fun creating the video, and show the world what makes your business unique. Programs like Windows Movie Maker allow you to edit, insert titles and add your artistic flair to your video.
Now that you have your video produced, what do you do with it? There are a number of free sites, such as Youtube, where you can upload your videos. For tourism related businesses, such as hotels, resorts, restaurants, bed and breakfasts, tours, and attractions, there are sites like Triporia.com, that not only allow you to upload your video, but to make your own page that includes a video, a write up on your business and a link to your website.
So film your tourism related video, upload it to Triporia.com, and increase the exposure of your business to potential travelers using the internet.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019