By Jon Swanson
Not for your business, but for your personal life (and I know, small business owners have no personal life. But just pretend with me for a moment).
When you need gas, how do you choose?
When someone ignores you at a store, how do you feel?
When you walk into a store, do you want help or do you want to find it yourself?
Now that you are thinking about how you are, remember that there are a billion people NOT like you. If you have tailored the shopping experience in your business to match your preferences, there may be some of those 1 billion people who will feel very uncomfortable and will not want to come back.
So as you think through the shopping experience in your business, think about people like you… and people who are the opposite.
Jon Swanson is your customer, presenting every day perspectives in a new way. He was a regular contributor to the Great Big Small Business Show podcast, as the Entrepreneurial Chicken. Jon is the author of the best small business post ever.
- When the planes are coming in to land - July 18, 2016
- Are you mortgaging your time? - April 24, 2013
- A customer service story - September 12, 2012
- What to do when a blog post is suddenly popular - May 2, 2012
- Review: The official guide to QuickBooks 2012 - January 23, 2012
- Two discussion questions for you - December 8, 2011
- From scrap metal to skilled crafts - November 23, 2011
- How a small business can be huge - November 16, 2011
- Banding together - October 12, 2011
- Show the love - October 1, 2011