Any given day, there are great workplace trainings going on in the metros. I get flyers all the time for the terrific events at big city business schools, chambers of commerce, and other places I can’t get to easily. But I can get here, online.
Winning Workplaces is all about sharing the best ideas from the best small businesses that care about people. Really. Their webinars for small business give you access to terrific training by real small business people who have built real, successful small businesses that are also wonderful places to work. Their next two topics are developing a customer service culture and building ownership mentality among employees. If you have a small workforce, I’ll bet you need to sit down and participate in these two topics!
The cost is much, much less than going to one of the training events you get flyers for. If you sign up far enough in advance, you can sneak into an interactive webinar for $50. Recording of past sessions are discounted to $35, because you lose the interaction. Some of their previous topics were:
- Growing Leaders from Within
- Family-Friendly Workplace Practices
- Making the Flexible Workplace Work
- Open Book Management: 10 Ways Business Succeeds When Employees Have Skin in the Game
While you are at Winning Workplace’s website, take a look at their toolkits. Some amazing info around topics like learning and development, teamwork and involvement, and work/life balance.
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021