Any given day, there are great workplace trainings going on in the metros. I get flyers all the time for the terrific events at big city business schools, chambers of commerce, and other places I can’t get to easily. But I can get here, online.
Winning Workplaces is all about sharing the best ideas from the best small businesses that care about people. Really. Their webinars for small business give you access to terrific training by real small business people who have built real, successful small businesses that are also wonderful places to work. Their next two topics are developing a customer service culture and building ownership mentality among employees. If you have a small workforce, I’ll bet you need to sit down and participate in these two topics!
The cost is much, much less than going to one of the training events you get flyers for. If you sign up far enough in advance, you can sneak into an interactive webinar for $50. Recording of past sessions are discounted to $35, because you lose the interaction. Some of their previous topics were:
- Growing Leaders from Within
- Family-Friendly Workplace Practices
- Making the Flexible Workplace Work
- Open Book Management: 10 Ways Business Succeeds When Employees Have Skin in the Game
While you are at Winning Workplace’s website, take a look at their toolkits. Some amazing info around topics like learning and development, teamwork and involvement, and work/life balance.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020