In today’s world, it’s more not what you know, it’s who you know. I realize that is not news. What is different? You can know know people from all over, and use that to benefit your small town small biz.
Here are some examples and ideas.
Rob at Business Pundit contemplated how modern business requires you to network to get ahead.
Jeff Pulver friendsourced to find a web designer. If you are not present online, you will miss friendsourcing opportunities.
Network on many levels. To stay up these days, you’ll have to keep up with the new networking forms.
ChrisVanPatten shared a “Neat MySpace promotion: local photographer who does senior pictures gives free wallet pics if you add her as a friend and post a comment.”
Anita Campbell, smallbiztrends, used Twitter to network for writers for her site, Small Business Trends: http://tinyurl.com/267x4r
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates. Want more stories? Read our shared stories from all over.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022