In today’s world, it’s more not what you know, it’s who you know. I realize that is not news. What is different? You can know know people from all over, and use that to benefit your small town small biz.
Here are some examples and ideas.
Rob at Business Pundit contemplated how modern business requires you to network to get ahead.
Jeff Pulver friendsourced to find a web designer. If you are not present online, you will miss friendsourcing opportunities.
Network on many levels. To stay up these days, you’ll have to keep up with the new networking forms.
ChrisVanPatten shared a “Neat MySpace promotion: local photographer who does senior pictures gives free wallet pics if you add her as a friend and post a comment.”
Anita Campbell, smallbiztrends, used Twitter to network for writers for her site, Small Business Trends: http://tinyurl.com/267x4r
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates. Want more stories? Read our shared stories from all over.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022