In today’s world, it’s more not what you know, it’s who you know. I realize that is not news. What is different? You can know know people from all over, and use that to benefit your small town small biz.
Here are some examples and ideas.
Rob at Business Pundit contemplated how modern business requires you to network to get ahead.
Jeff Pulver friendsourced to find a web designer. If you are not present online, you will miss friendsourcing opportunities.
Network on many levels. To stay up these days, you’ll have to keep up with the new networking forms.
ChrisVanPatten shared a “Neat MySpace promotion: local photographer who does senior pictures gives free wallet pics if you add her as a friend and post a comment.”
Anita Campbell, smallbiztrends, used Twitter to network for writers for her site, Small Business Trends: http://tinyurl.com/267x4r
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates. Want more stories? Read our shared stories from all over.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022