Remember Mark Harbeke and our friends at Winning Workplaces? They are dedicated to helping you improve your small business workplace, creating better work environments.
I just got an email from Executive Director Mary C. Clark telling me they received over 800 nominations for their Top Small Workplaces contest, a joint project with The Wall Street Journal.
Clark said these “top” businesses increased revenue over 40% in three years, retained 89% of their employees, encouraged innovation, kept their culture while they grow and found solutions to some of the problems that plague all businesses. They’ve planned a big conference and celebration in Chicago on October 3 & 4, 2007, to share some of the best practices. The list of workshop topics looks promising! They’ve focused on practical info from experienced entrepreneurs.
Help spread the word:
Top Small Workplaces Conference & Celebration,
Wednesday and Thursday, October 3 & 4, 2007
The Mid-America Club, 200 E. Randolph, Chicago
Practical information you can use from real world business leaders.
Honoring the 2007 Top Small Workplaces named by The Wall Street Journal and Winning Workplaces.
/topsmallbizfor information and registration or call 847-328-9798.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020