Living next to a terrific birding site, the Great Salt Plains National Wildlife Refuge, I’ve seen an increase in the number of birders traveling the area. Jack Schultz has noticed it, too, and written up a few resources around Nebraska’s bird industry and the Chicken Dance Trail.
What kind of small town businesses can cater to birdwatching? Let’s start with
- bed and breakfasts,
- tour guides,
- restaurants and cafes (box lunches),
- photography shops (parts, supplies, film, developing, self-printing kiosks for digital),
- photographers (art-quality prints of local birds),
- wifi hotspots,
- art galleries (bird prints and art),
- gas stations,
- and even liquor stores!
Care to brainstorm? What other ideas can you add? That’s what the comments are for!
[Photo of a corn weaver in Namibia, from my collection.]
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022