Take this idea from Scotland. After a year of studying what businesses in their area actually need, this mentoring project was designed and launched.
Mentors from the local business community will be recruited to help support people who are thinking of setting up in business in the area. Enterprise visits will also be co-ordinated to help spread good ideas and share best business practice in rural areas.
Interested? Read more and get connected at Scottish Enterprise.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019