Take this idea from Scotland. After a year of studying what businesses in their area actually need, this mentoring project was designed and launched.
Mentors from the local business community will be recruited to help support people who are thinking of setting up in business in the area. Enterprise visits will also be co-ordinated to help spread good ideas and share best business practice in rural areas.
Interested? Read more and get connected at Scottish Enterprise.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021