Need an idea for your solopreneur small business? Think about local photography. If you have some tourism, students, or other part-time residents, this can be an especially big hit.
You don’t have to be the world’s best photographer, either. Read a bit more about this concept at the Photopreneur site, Photography Marketing: Think Local, Shoot Local.
It might be counterintuitive. After all, any Joe with a camera can walk to the beach and snap away. But when the picture is mounted on a postcard or framed as a poster, it’s no longer a local shot. It’s a source of local pride.
Think about who you are targeting. Where do they shop? Then partner with those stores on some local photography items. Maybe you are in a place where a roadside photo stand would work!
[Photo of the Alva Goldbugs mural, by nephew Colton, posted on Flickr.]
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022