Our friend Zane Safrit has links to some articles on Ethanol and BioFuels Progress .
These are two big items for rural midwestern communities. It’s a huge discussion topic here in Iowa. … Ethanol, specifically, and BioFuels, in general, offer a tempting door to a whole new economic future for the midwest communities who’ve seen economic riches move to the coast for the most part and stay there.
US BioEnergy’s Albert City facility has been operational since late 2006, but the official opening was Wednesday. The ceremony was broadcast live on the CNBC network.
That last sentence says it all. A ceremonial opening of an existing ethanol plant is broadcast live on CNBC…
[Photo of ethanol plant at Albert City, Iowa, from US BioEnergy.]
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021