Our friend Zane Safrit has links to some articles on Ethanol and BioFuels Progress .
These are two big items for rural midwestern communities. It’s a huge discussion topic here in Iowa. … Ethanol, specifically, and BioFuels, in general, offer a tempting door to a whole new economic future for the midwest communities who’ve seen economic riches move to the coast for the most part and stay there.
US BioEnergy’s Albert City facility has been operational since late 2006, but the official opening was Wednesday. The ceremony was broadcast live on the CNBC network.
That last sentence says it all. A ceremonial opening of an existing ethanol plant is broadcast live on CNBC…
[Photo of ethanol plant at Albert City, Iowa, from US BioEnergy.]
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019