Development vs. rural houses
Big rural projects, like the spate of new ethanol plants, can create problems as they run over the top of existing houses.
“Counties should limit where people can build homes in rural areas…. But if a house already is there, it can be difficult to resolve a conflict….” Ft. Wayne Journal Gazette.
Enterpreneurship education (REAL) draws interest from Norway
North Carolina (USA),Haywood Community College offers Rural Entrepreneurship through Action Learning (REAL). Visitors from Norway came to learn how entrepreneurship is integrated into classrooms. Asheville Citizen-Times.
Rural businesses get help with global competition
Illinois business can get help with international business through the resources profiled in the Quincy Herald Whig.
Read the profile of a rural Wyoming software business that expanded internationally, with a little help from the Small Business Development Center, in the University of Wyoming News.
Malta focusing on entrepreneurship
The Parliament is talking entrepreneurship as the key to competing globally. Go, Malta! Independent Online.
Hawaii’s plan for economic innovation
Gov. Linda Lingle announced a series of ideas to promote innovation, integrating K-12 education with higher education, workforce development, and innovating in government. Go, Hawai’i! Honolulu Advisor. Found on EDPro.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022