This is an idea in the Tom Peters style. Innovate fast, and get customers involved early in the design process.
Our friend Owen Mead-Robins at Oprius Software is doing this. Here is his great idea for getting customers involved early in the design process:
We will soon be adding a section to our website where you will be able to get a sneak peak at upcoming features and design layouts. The idea is that we can publish images of how we think a new feature will work and you can tell us what you think. Changing a picture is much easier and faster than changing written software. This will allow us to make sure the software is really easy to use. Until then, keep sending us your feedback no matter how small it may seem, because your input is incredibly important to us.
And he’s not kidding. Oprius listens to customers and has a ravenous appetite for customer feedback. That’s the way to excellence.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021