The Mem Store shipped my order promptly and correctly. That’s the essential first step. Then Debbie hand wrote a thank you note on my packing slip, and used my name. That’s a bonus. Plus she threw in two lollipops! Now I’m delighted. And raving about it to you.
Remember these lessons of great customer service, courtesy of Debbie and The Mem Store.
- Do the basics well. Be on time, accurate, complete.
- Use customers’ names.
- Hand write a note.
- Give customers a bonus.
Anybody want a lollipop?
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020