Kansas has been making a huge deal of supporting entrepreneuriship as a major part of economic development. If you are looking for rural economic development ideas, look into Kansas’ new projects.
StartUp Kansas, the financial arm of Network Kansas, has made its first financial award.
Dan Thalmann, who has been at the Washington County News for the last six years and managing editor for the last four, was awarded a loan of $37,500 to help him buy the 137-year-old newspaper.
Four Rivers Development Inc. of Beloit is the NetWork Kansas resource partner administering the loan, along with the matching loan that will help support the ongoing operations and growth of the newspaper.
NetWork Kansas was created as a component of the Kansas Economic Growth Act of 2004 to encourage entrepreneurship and small business development in Kansas, especially in rural Kansas.
Washington County News serves a county audience and has a weekly circulation of about 2,850. Thalmann hopes to be instrumental in seeing that grow.
Wichita (Kansas) Eagle
Posted on Tue, Nov. 14, 2006
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022